Interested in story ideas? Need photos of the community? Looking for a location to shoot your next movie, television show, or commercial? Contact Diann Bayes, Vice-President of the San Angelo Convention & Visitors Bureau at 325-655-4136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download our Press Kit here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Travel Writer Guidelines
The CVB may provide complimentary or reduced rate rooms for up to two nights for writers on assignment, subject to availability and readership/viewer numbers. Writer must be at least three hours driving distance away to qualify for overnights. Complimentary accommodations may not be offered during holidays or high demand times, such as San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo and ASU Graduation, etc.
The CVB will provide tickets to area attractions for writers whose names are listed on the byline or on their blog. Costs incurred by family members and/or friends traveling with a writer will be paid for by the writer. We will deliver attractions tickets to the place you are staying, for your convenience.
Transportation & Meals
You are responsible for your own transportation both to San Angelo and while in the area, along with your meals.
What We Request from You
– Name(s) of journalists and/or photographer
– Mailing address, phone number, email
– Brief biographical sketch or link to on-line bio
– URL of targeted publication(s), and a link to your article about San Angelo after publication
– Information about your assignment (if working for a specific publication)
– Arrival date, length of visit, departure date
– Type of room requested (king, double/double, smoking/non-smoking, etc.)
– Types of activities or special interest/focus of story/special requests. Please be specific about the attractions you are interested in visiting.
Ticketed/Admission Required Attractions
Angelo Civic Theatre
Angelo State University Planetarium
Ballet San Angelo
E.H. Danner Museum of Telephony
Fort Concho National Historical Landmark
Lake Nasworthy (some parks require admission)
Miss Hatties Bordello Museum
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts
San Angelo Performing Arts Center
San Angelo State Park
San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo
Tule Princess Steamboat Company
Chicken Farm Art Center
Concho River Walk
Heritage Park of San Angelo
Historic Murals of San Angelo
International Waterlily Collection
Kendall Art Gallery
Pop Art Museum
Railway Museum of San Angelo
Sheep Statues of San Angelo